MMG OCEAN AND OCEAN KINETICS JOIN FORCES
Managing Director MMG Ocean
2005 Est by Martin McGuinness
With a lifelong passion for all things marine and is ideally located in the largest fishing port of Ireland this is where it all began. Having the opportunity to work closely with the people in the industry, listen to their needs, and find solutions to improve their operations. Providing a 24hr support service to the fishing fleet and seeing a fishing vessel being repaired and turned around in time to return to sea is one of the most rewarding parts of our job. Over the years MMG developed a strong reputation for a focus on quality while being responsive to the needs of the customers and the markets. This relentless focus on quality has enabled MMG to secure significant contracts in various sectors.
2018 – Patented Gangway Systems
Was the brainchild of Managing Director Martin McGuiness who from working on vessels most of his life saw the need for this piece of equipment to be modernised and a safer more efficient solution was born. After years of research and relentless perseverance, Martin’s vision came to life in 2018. Designing and manufacturing customised, flexible, automated, yet compact gangway solutions to increase safety on vessels and improve the overall operational efficiencies
2019 Innovation Award
The vessel-to-vessel model the first of its kind in the market was awarded the coveted Innovation award at Seawork’s Commercial Marine Exhibition UK in 2019. These patented systems are now in use all over the world, available in various models both manual and hydraulic, and still evolving to meet the ever-changing demands of the marine industry. In Martin’s own words, “Innovation has no end”
2023 MMG Welding becomes MMG Ocean partnering with Ocean Kinetics
MMG Ocean is a marine engineering and manufacturing company, delivering innovative sustainable engineering solutions gangway systems welding, and fabrication service to the marine and energy sector
Managing Director Ocean Kinetics
Ocean Kinetics has an extensive portfolio of successful projects, with 30 years of knowledge of the North Sea energy sector. Due to strategic locations, are equipped to successfully cater to the industry and have established relationships with the industry leaders.
Ocean Kinetics supports clients by undertaking comprehensive engineering, manufacture, installation, and maintenance services, including:
- Coded fabrication to ASME IX, EN 9609, AWS D1.1, AWS D3.6M
- Pipework to ASME B31.3 & EN 13480
- Structural fabrication to BS EN 1090 exc 3
- Pressure testing, inspection, and NDT (Radiography, UT, MPI, DPI)
- 2D & 3D design, CAD, modelling, and stress analysis
- CNC HD plasma cutting, turning, milling, and forming
- Electrical plant hire and installation
- Full mechanical and electrical site works
The modern sites are fully equipped to exceed industry standards; the extensive facilities provide an excellent base for highly trained staff to carry out their work and enable rapid response to mobilise for works supporting operators across the energy sector.
- Lerwick – Port Business Park – 15,000m2 of facilities, with 3580m2 dedicated high-spec workshops.
- Lerwick – Inspection House NDT facility – 480m2 of workshop, 150m2 of office space, and 1,200m2 of laydown.
- Aberdeen – Altens – 1400m2 workshops with 120m2 office support.
- Orkney – 250m2 workshops, with a new 1,200m2 workshop currently being designed & built.
- Oban – European Marine Science Park – Research & Engineering offices
Ocean Kinetics invests heavily in skills & training; as a result, we have numerous accreditations to offer the industry. We are fully certified in:
- EN ISO 3834-2 – The internationally recognised quality mark for welding.
- BS EN 1090 – Structural fabrication.
- ISO 9001 – Quality assurance.
- ISO 45001 – Health & Safety
- ISO 14001 – Environmental
- FPAL and UVDB schemes
The dynamic and highly skilled teams have an impressive track record in oil and gas, renewables, fishing and aquaculture, marine works, decommissioning, and power and utilities. We come highly recommended by our customers.